2016 Annual Capital City Pumpkin Drop on October 20 was a huge success!
1500+ attendees, 37 schools represented from 13 counties, over 100 pumpkins dropped, $1,300+ in cash prizes and trophies,10+ bags of recyclable materials, plus lots of cardboard.
We couldn’t have asked for better weather! Thank you to all the volunteers, sponsors, and school teams for participating!
2016 Grand Slam pumpkin team = Clay County High School
1st place High School - Huntington High School
2nd place High School - Greenbrier East High School
3rd place High School - George Washington High School
1st place Middle School - Walton Elem/Middle School
2nd place Middle School - Ripley Middle School
3rd place Middle School - Easat Fairmont Middle School
1st place Elementary - New River Elementary
2nd place Elementary - Justice Elementary
3rd place Elementary - Ansted Elementary
Most Creative Design - George Washington High School
Most Sustainable Design - Clay County High School
Poster Contest Winner - John Adams Middle School
Most Team Spirit - West Chapmanville Elementary
- To our corporate sponsors - DOW, TransCanada, Toyota, ZMM Architects and Engineers, AEP, Appalachian Power Park, ASCE-YMF, ChickfilA - Southridge, Waste Management.
- To our partners from WV America Water who helped run an imprompu Egg Drop
- To Lee Hale from Terradon for being our emcee (and engineer) for the day again
- To Appalachian Power Park for letting us take over the park one day a year!
- And a Big thanks to the AEP crew who dropped the pumpkins like pros again this year!
THANK YOU! This would not have been possible without our BRIDGEVALLEY VOLUNTEERS! We had a record number of BridgeValley CTC volunteers (92 signed in) with the majority being students!!!
Thank you for supporting the Pumpkin Drop and our many other STEM Outreach events.
For more information, please contact:
Associate Professor, Outreach Coordinator
Room 224 Advanced Technology Center, South Charleston