The Dental Hygiene program is a limited enrollment program which admits one class each fall semester. Due to the unique nature of this program, there are additional forms and requirements to be eligible for admission.
- Applicants must complete an Application for Admission to BridgeValley if they are not currently a BridgeValley student.
- Applicants must download and complete the BridgeValley Dental Hygiene Program Application for Admission.
- Applicants complete 20 hours of dental hygiene shadowing and submit the Dental Hygiene Shadowing Instructions and Form.
- Applicants must scan and submit two letters of recommendation to the BridgeValley Dental Hygiene Department by emailing email@example.com.
- Applicants must submit an official copy of previous college transcripts to the BridgeValley Admissions Office.
- The following prerequisites must be completed or in progress to be considered for admission to the Dental Hygiene program.
- BIOL 220 Human Anatomy with Lab
- BIOL 221 Human Physiology with Lab
- CHEM 110 Fundamentals of Chemistry (no lab requirement)
- MATH 111 Math for HealthCare
- ENGL 101 English Composition I
- ENGL 102 English Composition II and COMM 100 Oral Communication - OR - ENGL 202 Business and Technical Writing
- PSYC 101 General Psychology
- SOCI 101 Introduction to Sociology
- DENT 100 Introduction to Dental Hygiene
- GNST 102 First Year Experience
Current students enrolled in BridgeValley Community and Technical College will be given first consideration for admission when having the same qualifications as an off-campus student.
Department policies related to bloodborne pathogens, radiation safety, HIPAA and Ethics are available for review at www.bridgevalley.edu/dental-hygiene-policies.
Dental Hygiene program application, recommendation letters and shadowing verification form are due by January 31st for first consideration for fall admission.
- Submit the completed BridgeValley Dental Hygiene Program Application for Admission online.
- The two letters of recommendation and shadowing verification form must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official transcripts must be sent to the BridgeValley Admissions Office