This is a collaborative effort between the West Virginia Division of Highways (WVDOH) and BridgeValley Community and Technical College. The aim of the program is to develop skilled technicians and technologists to service the highway engineering and construction industries. It provides a career path for people who are certified technicians with the WV Transportation Engineering Technician and Bridge Safety Inspector Certification Board with professional development opportunities and a formal education that is measured and evaluated through the certification process. Technicians who are certified by this board may advance through a series of five levels based on their years of work experience and technical competency in the various technical aspects of the highways field.
- Highway Engineering Program Office: 304-734-6790 or Fax: 304-734-6694
- Robert Amos, Advisor : Robert.email@example.com - 304-734-669
- Kelley Endicott, Project Coordinator: Kelley.firstname.lastname@example.org - 304-734-6790
- Kristi Sarrett, Advisor, Kristi.email@example.com – 304-734-6670
Click here for the WVDOH Transporation Engineering Technician and Bridge Safety Inspector Certification Board website for more information on the certification process administered by the WVDOH.
Forms & Documents
- Registration Form
- Graduation Application
- Withdraw from College Form
- Change of Major/Update pattern sheet form
- Community Service
- FERPA Form
- Student Information Update
- Pattern Sheet – Highway Engineering Construction Concentration
- Pattern Sheet – Highway Engineering Bridge Inspection Concentration