The main purpose of the library, South Charleston Campus Room 119, is as an open computer lab intended for use by students and faculty between the hours of 8AM and 10PM Monday through Friday. If an instructor wishes to reserve the room for a class to come in and use the facilities, the following guidelines must be followed:
- To requisition Room 119 please speak with the librarian in person, by phone or by email
- This is to ensure the room is available at the requested time and that the librarian will be present on the requested day
- All requests should be made 48 hours in advance
- All requests are first-come-first-serve
- Last minute requests be granted on a case-by-case basis
- The room cannot be requested on a recurrent basis (i.e. for a class over the course of an entire semester)
- A time and date will be agreed upon and entered into the librarian’s calendar at the point of discussion
- Only one class per day will be permitted to use the library.
- All changes should be addressed within 24 hours of the requested time
- There are 2 ways which the room can be reserved:
- Library will be closed; students not registered in the reserved class will not be permitted to enter the library until the class has finished or the requested time has ended
- Library will be in use; students outside of the class roster will be permitted to use the library on a computer availability basis
- The instructor and class have priority
- The class may use as many computers and carry on the session as necessary
- Reserved times will be posted outside of the library at the beginning of the librarian’s shift on the day of the reservation
- Instructors are not permitted to bring their class to the library without prior consent from the librarian as a courtesy to the people already using the facility
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Heather Lauer, by phone at 304.205.6697 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.