BridgeValley CTC accepts Student Ambassador Applications, until March 31st of each year for the upcoming academic year. The Ambassadors are a group of students who serve as official goodwill representatives of the College. BridgeValley encourages anyone to apply who feels they meet the program criteria.
BridgeValley Ambassadors are highly motivated students who help in a wide variety of ways both on and off campus. Student Ambassadors serve as encouraging role models and advocates of higher education.
There are an array of benefits to becoming a BridgeValley Ambassador. Studies have shown that students who are involved with extracurricular activities tend to perform better academically. Below are some added benefits that students gain from participation in this program:
- Leadership Experience
- Communication, Teambuilding, and Profession Skill Building
- Academic and Professional Networking
- Resume Building Skills
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Acquiring work skills that will be needed in the world of work
- Polo Shirts will be provided (Student is responsible for the purchase of Khaki pants)
- Feature Profile displayed on the Web & within the college
Selected Ambassadors’ receive a BridgeValley Tuition Waiver each semester they are active ambassadors degree seeking at BridgeValley (Excludes Programs Fees, Web Fees & Books/Supplies, as required for the course/see the Tuition Waiver Form). This program operates on a last-dollar model, meaning that additional aid is introduced after applying existing sources of need-based aid, in effect making the Tuition Waiver the last dollars applied to students’ tuition cost. The Student Ambassadors’ assignment responsibilities are determined by the Office of Enrollment and Students Services, but fulfillment of required weekly hours may be completed within other departments of the college upon approval by Enrollment Services. In return students are granted a tuition waiver as mentioned above. Each ambassadorial term is for one school year (fall and spring semesters); however, students who meet the requirements of the program are welcome to stay on for an additional year. Keep in mind that commitment to events and activities are vital.
- Ambassadors are a group of students serving as official goodwill representatives of the College. BridgeValley encourages anyone to apply who feels they meet proper criteria.
- Office Skills (Microsoft Word), Organizational Skills, Office Etiquette, Confidentiality to Sensitive Information, a must and Demonstration of Leadership Skills.
- Be positive/optimistic. Reach out to current students in conjunction implementing connections with Alumni.
- Receptive to training and willingness to be a team player.
- Be free of disciplinary action and maintain at least a 2.8 grade point average overall.
- Be familiar with BridgeValley’s Mission, Vision, Values and Activities.
- Be of good character, being loyal and dedicated to the college.
- Available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the Student Ambassador:
- Conducting group or individualized campus tours. Make phone calls to prospective and continuing students to include; confirming/assisting students are fully admitted (all information has been received), answer questions and call continuing students, providing a confirmation of encouragement to register for classes early and assist with student engagement events, as needed.
- Staff information tables at career, college and community fairs. Develop a Social Media Presence.
- In addition, provide staffing for phone answering, e-mail correspondences (as needed), and welcome center attendant, and direct traffic as needed while remaining an encouraging role model.
- Provide students and the community with information regarding BridgeValley programs.
- Must adhere to appropriate attire while displaying proper hygiene.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be a degree seeking student in good standing with the availability to work as needed with a minimum of 5 hours/week.
- All the above are preferred skills, but we are willing to train and assist with improvements in an effort to develop the skills needed to be a successful student ambassador.
Additional Notes (For Hiring staff & the checklist is enclosed within the packet Page 11)
Make sure the Checklist is complete for processing of the application.
For questions about this program, please contact: