Types of Aid | BridgeValley



Types of Aid

Students interested in applying for aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form can be submitted online at www.fafsa.gov. BridgeValley Community and Technical College students will need to include the school code, 040386.  As application deadlines vary by program, students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1. Financial Aid is available to both full-time and part-time students.

Federal Aid

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Work-Study (FWS)
  • Federal Direct Loans
    • Subsidized
    • Unsubsidized
    • Parent PLUS Loans  

Institutional Aid

  • Freshman Academic Scholarships
    • President's Level Scholarship
    • BOG Level Scholarship
    • West Virginia Resident First Generation Freshman Scholarship
  • New Student Scholarships
    • College Transition Scholarship 
    • High School/Career & Technical Center Scholarship  
  • Returning Student Scholarships
    • Academic Division Scholarship 
    • Academic Excellence Scholarship

West Virginia State Aid

  • WV Higher Education Grant
  • Higher Education Adult Part-Time Student Grant
  • PROMISE Scholarship
  • WV Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship