What is Student Development?
Student Development is housed in the Division of Student Services. It is comprised of a wide-ranging array of programs and services dedicated to assist with the success of BridgeValley Students.
Our services include:
- BridgeValley has a full-time counselor serving both both campuses.
- Carla Blankenbuehler, Director of Counseling, 304.205.6706, room 032J Building 2000
- Walk in or appointment services
- Provide information and referral to services in the community
- Counselors can assist students with day to day life situations
- BridgeValley is in full compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and
- the American with Disabilities Act signed into law in 1990.
- BridgeValley has a full time Disability Services Counselor serving both campuses
- Most common accommodations include
- Extended test time
- Note Takers
- Recording of Class lectures
- Priority Seating
- Waiver of attendance police
- Test in private
- Test reader/writer
- Use of laptop
- Temporary accommodations
- Auxiliary Aids
- BridgeValley has trained peer mentors that can assist students with things such as printing schedules, freshman advising, accessing school email, accessing on line courses, and over-all general information regarding the campus they attend.
- These coaches are trained in customer service and can provide assistance and support along the way for any student.
- All of these mentors have been students at the college so they are aware of the ins and outs of each campus.
- Montgomery Campus, 304.743.6721, room 402 Davis Hall
- South Charleston Campus, 304.205.6783, room 032C Main
BridgeValley Career Services provides our students and alumni with guidance, resources, and opportunities to help them achieve their personal career goals through academic achievement. The services we provide are:
- Workshops on the latest career tools
- Resume Writing and Assistance
- Cover Letter Assistance
- Job Searches
- Career/Job Fairs
- Interview Skills and Tips
- College Central Network
- Kuder Journey
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM