What is Student Development?
Student Development is housed in the Division of Student Services. It is comprised of a wide-ranging array of programs and services dedicated to assist with the success of BridgeValley Students.
Our services include:
- BridgeValley has a full-time counselor serving both campuses.
- Carla Blankenbuehler, Assistant Dean, 304.205.6706, room 032 Building 2000
- Walk in or appointment services
- Provide information and referral to services in the community
- Counselors can assist students with day to day life situations
- BridgeValley is in full compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and
- the American with Disabilities Act signed into law in 1990.
- BridgeValley has a full time Accessibility Coordinator serving both campuses
- Spencer Poling, Accessibility Coordinator, 304.205.6725, 032G Building 2000
- Most common accommodations include
- Extended test time
- Note Takers
- Recording of Class lectures
- Priority Seating
- Waiver of attendance policy
- Test in private
- Test reader/writer
- Use of laptop
- Temporary accommodations
- Auxiliary Aids