Skip to main content

Out-of-State Online Students

BridgeValley is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocal Agreement (SARA) and can deliver distance education to students in any SARA member state, but may not be authorized to deliver education, or educational components in some non-member states.

Please consult the below map to determine the status of BridgeValley's distance program in your state.

SARA State Map

Programs requiring an on-ground component – such as an internship or practicum -- may not be completed in RED states.

BridgeValley cannot offer any online programs to students who reside in Wisconsin.

Complaint Resolution

The ultimate rationale for Out-of-State Authorization is the protection for students enrolling in out-of-state institutions who become victims of "predatory practices" regarding tuition, student loans, and financial aid. Although BridgeValley is not guilty of such "predatory practices,"  BVCTC is required to provide current and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints.

  1. For complaints regarding grades follow the College Grade Appeal policy found in the college catalog.  For other complaints follow the "Student Grievance" section of the catalog.
  2. If an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your state. WCET provides links to the phone numbers, e-mail, and/or links to state educational agencies.  And here is a direct link to a list of the offices in each state where complaints may be addressed.
  3. BridgeValley Community & Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.  The HLC provides complaint procedures against the accrediting commission or its accredited institutions.