Click Here to Apply Online Now!
Balancing the demands of family, work, school and the other thousand things you need to do each week can be a real challenge. It is not impossible. BridgeValley offers a variety of benefits for adult students ranging from financial aid to fast-track programs, which can combine previous college credit with working experience to reach your goal of a college degree as soon as possible. If you have a willingness and desire to obtain a degree to change your life, BridgeValley is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
Some of our programs to assist adult students succeed:
- High-demand job training
- College credit for work experience
- Get help paying for college
- Flexible Scheduling
What about my college credits from 19... a long time ago?
College credits never expire. BridgeValley will review your transcripts and work experience to identify courses which could count towards your degree, and also determine the best way for you to gain credit for all your previous work in and out of the classroom.
Do I need to attend college full-time to get financial Aid?
No, students taking 6 hours are considered half-time students, and are eligible for a variety of financial assistance options. One such program is the Higher Education Adult Part-Time Student Grant Program.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is money from federal, state and private institutions that is used to help with educational costs.
There are four major types of financial aid:
- Scholarships: Some are given based on need, some on merit or skill. Others have very specific stipulations on who can receive the scholarship.
- Grants: can be need-based, merit-based, or gift aid.
- Loans: for students and parents can be need-based or non-need-based. Most financial aid packages involve some loans.
- Student Employment: Work-study jobs may be on campus or in nearby communities. You are paid an hourly wage set by the school. The goal is help students graduate as soon as possible.
To learn more about your eligibility and how to apply for Financial Aid please visit the financial aid webpage.