ASCEND: Accelerating Student Completion, Encouraging New Dreams
Our mission is to provide additional support services to help our students succeed in their educational journey. ASCEND is designed to remove financial and academic barriers that may prevent students from completing their degree.
With ASCEND, students have access to a range of benefits, including:
- Tuition Assistance: To help cover the costs of your tuition and mandatory fees.
- Course Materials Assistance: To eliminate or reduce the costs of your required course materials (e.g., textbooks, software codes, tool kits).
- Monthly Stipend: To offset the cost of basic living expenses such as food, transportation, and clothing.
- Personalized Support: To help you graduate on-time and successfully transition into the workforce.
The following programs are currently eligible for ASCEND:
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology – AAS
- Computer Maintenance Technology – CAS
- Computer Science Technology – AAS
- Cyber Security and Networking Technology – AAS
- Medical Coding – CAS
- Nursing – AAS
Additionally, individual Computer Science, Cyber Security, and Information Technology courses may be ASCEND eligible if they lead to an industry recognized credential.
Eligibility criteria for ASCEND may vary based on the specific grant extending services to your major. Please contact our office for additional details.
To remain eligible for ASCEND each semester, students must meet certain eligibility criteria, including:
- Maintaining good academic standing
- Meeting with their ASCEND Advisor as required
- Participating in Tutoring Services as required
- Completing at least one (1) NACE Career Services benchmark each semester
Click the “Join ASCEND” button below to apply today! Spots in ASCEND are limited under grant guidelines and budget requirements. Each application will be reviewed by our team in accordance with the specific grant extending services to the applicant’s major.
If you have any questions about the ASCEND program, please contact us using the “Contact” button below.
Disclaimer: ASCEND is funded by a $1,411,280 (42.44%) WORC grant, a $1,337,049 (39.34%) sub-award of an SCC grant, and a $619,360 (18.22%) sub-award of a Scaling Apprenticeship grant all awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor.