BICSI Installer Training
What is BICSI?
BICSI stands for Building Industry Consulting Service International, a professional association supporting the advancement of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) profession and currently serves more than 26,000 members and credential holders. BICSI is the preeminent resource for the Connected World. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, BICSI membership spans nearly 100 countries.
BridgeValley CTC is the only college in West Virginia certified by BICSI to provide the Installer Training programs. Additionally, at BridgeValley you will:
- Learn from experienced, credentialed instructors
- Access one-on-one help to improve your comprehension and learn how to apply your enhanced knowledge
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with classmates and professionals
- Stay on track to earn your credential with a structured learning experience and support
BICSI Installer 1 (INST1)
The Installer 1 certificate is just the first step in a rewarding career path that is ideal for someone who is wanting to get into the ICT field but does not know where to start. The Installer 1 certificate is perfect for individuals with little or no cabling experience who are ready to start pursuing a career in ICT Cabling distribution and are committed to learning the job tasks up to industry standards and codes. BICSI Installer 1 (INST1) candidates are tested on their ability to understand and apply a comprehensive collection of installation-specific information.
After achieving your Installer 1 designation, you will demonstrate your ability to:
- Successfully terminate various types of copper connectors.
- Properly explain the importance of safety and professionalism toward optimal job performance.
- Discuss pathways, spaces, bonding and grounding, and firestopping.
- Make decisions based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices.
- Choose the correct tool or methodology for specific tasks.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
There is no prior ICT industry installation experience requirement for individuals preparing to sit for the Installer 1 exam. However, participants sitting for the Installer 1 exam must be able to distinguish between different colors, possess manual dexterity to complete fine motor tasks, stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders, and lift and carry items weighing up to 50lbs.
BICSI Installer 2 Copper (INSTC)
The Installer 2, Copper certification is ideal for individuals wishing to show their expanded knowledge of the industry, with a specialization in copper installation skills. This certification is the next step to continue to advance professionally in the ICT cabling industry. BICSI Installer 2, Copper (INSTC) candidates are tested on their ability to understand and apply a comprehensive collection of installation-specific information.
Achieving your INSTC designation will demonstrate your ability to:
- Successfully interpret drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Properly test and troubleshoot copper installations.
- Discuss media selection and implications for implementation on the network.
- Make recommendations based on applicable codes, standards and best practices.
- Interpret the job plan and scope of work, as well as perform retrofits and upgrades for existing infrastructure.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
Individuals preparing to sit for the Installer 2, Copper exam must possess at least one year of verifiable ICT industry installation experience within the last five years.
Participants sitting for the Installer 2, copper exam must be able to distinguish between different colors, possess manual dexterity to complete fine motor tasks, stand for extended periods of time.
- One week; Mon. – Sat.; 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Only 8 seats available
- Registrations will be accepted on a first-received, first served basis
- Registration fee: $2,875
- BICSI Application Link
2022 Class Schedule
- Call for updates on class schedule
- Download a PDF Flyer
For additional information, call 304.734.6708