Earn Your ProFM Credential and Advance Your Facilities Management Career!
Now is a great time to ensure you are prepared to meet the demands of the ever-changing roles and needs of your organization and stay abreast of the current issues of the facilities management industry.
BridgeValley Community & Technical College (BVCTC) is providing an accelerated path to earn your ProFM certification. Facilities Management continues to be a high-demand career because of the following industry trends:
Experienced facility professionals are retiring and leaving a gap in expertise.
Fewer than 2% of the 3.2 million FM professionals in the US hold an FM credential.
Expectations and roles of FMs are becoming more strategic, analytic, and focused on the company’s core business mission.
FM employers are looking for the facility professionals to broaden their skill set to fill the gap.
There is no global standard, identifying today’s required FM knowledge and skills.
BVCTC has partnered with ProFMI® to offer an important Facilities Management credential in an accessible format. Because the ProFM credential is designed to be universally applicable, you will benefit as a facility professional and help advance your career in the field of Facilities Management.
The ProFM Body of Knowledge defines the 19 functional FM knowledge areas and five cross-functional competencies required of today's facility professionals.
Build a strong, dynamic Facilities Management Team
BVCTC and ProFM’s classes are designed to be totally inclusive, and allow for entire departments or individual facility professionals. You will not only eliminate any knowledge gaps that may exist on your team, you will also develop the key skills necessary to keep your organization moving forward in today's environment and tomorrow's challenges.
The ProFM credential will:
Expand your facilities management skills and knowledge base,
Immediately allow you to apply the very latest best practices to your current role,
Help develop your strategic business skills, which benefits your entire organization,
Differentiate and distinguish yourself from your peers in facilities management, and
Build confidence in your leadership and decision-making skills
Our program provides numerous ways of navigating the changing facilities management industry by showing you how to evaluate staff and train employees. You will also be able to identify the right skills in new hires to ensure they will help your team achieve success.
100% Online for your convenience and to ensure safety during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This program is delivered online with 12 virtual coaching sessions. Students will complete the assigned work on their own between coaching sessions.
The instructor-led coaching sessions are scheduled for Thursday evenings from 7-8pm ET, Feb. 18 - May 6, 2021. The coaching sessions will include lecture and discussion, examples of real-life applications, opportunities to ask questions, and preparation for the final exam certification. Students are required to have Internet access, web camera, and microphone to participate in the online live sessions. This equipment is not provided by BVCTC.
Class Dates: Feb. 18 - May 6, 2021
Time: Coursework will be delivered online paired with Instructor-led coaching sessions every Thursday from 7-8pm, ET.
Feb. 4, 2021
For additional information, call 304.205.6650.
- $2,300 (includes all ProFM reading materials, instructor-led coaching, online resources, pretest and practice quizzes, flashcards--and more!)
HOW TO EARN YOUR PROFM CREDENTIAL
- INVEST: Kickstart your FM studies by enrolling in our ProFM Credential Program course
- ASSESS: Assess your current FM knowledge and identify gaps with an online pre-test.
- ENHANCE: Enhance your FM knowledge by reviewing the online or printed materials.
- CHECK: Check your knowledge and apply the concepts you've learned with online quizzes and flashcards.
- EARN: Earn the ProFM credential by passing the two-part online final assessment with a score of 70% or higher.
Need additional information?
- Expert leadership and guidance,
- Learn from experienced ProFM-crendialed instructors,
- Access one-on-one help to improve your comprehension and learn how to apply your enhanced FM knowledge,
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with other FM professionals, and
- Stay on track to earn your credential with a structured learning experience and support.