Engineering Technology, Civil Concentration
The Associate of Applied Science Engineering Technology program provides students with an entry point into the exciting world of engineering technology applications. With a focus on a heuristic approach to technology, this program appeals to students who have an understanding of technical concepts but a desire to work with technology in a more hands-on applied manner than engineering programs. The Engineering Technology program has three concentrations to allow students to tailor their educational path to their specific interests. The concentration areas include Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology.
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Engineering Technology, Civil Concentration (AAS-ETCET) prepares graduates for employment in construction, water resources, public works, structural detailing and design, environmental studies, mining development and related fields. The program stresses materials, surveying, structures, water resources, soil mechanics, construction and highways. Graduates are prepared to support various areas of civil engineering. Typical assignments include preparing plans, field/lab testing of construction materials, layout and inspection of construction projects and mining development as well as performing basic design calculations in highways, structures, hydraulics/hydrology and soils.
The A.A.S. Engineering Technology, Civil Concentration program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. Website: http://www.abet.org.
- MATH - 119 Foundations of Algebra 4 ILO 2 ⚠ OR MATH - 130 College Algebra 3 ILO 2 OR MATH - 135 Technical Algebra 3 ILO 2
- ENGL - 101E English Composition Enhanced 3-4 ILO-1★ OR ENGL - 101 English Composition I 3 ILO 1
- HUMN - 105 Ethics and Diversity in the Workplace 3 ILO- 3
- DRFT - 125 Introduction to Drafting and 2D Cad 3
- GNST - 113 College Success E&M Tech 1
- CIET - 131 Construction Materials 3
Semester Total: 16-18; Credits Toward Degree 16
- MATH - 125 College Algebra Expanded 4 ILO 2 ⚠ OR MATH - 130 College Algebra 3 ILO 2 OR MATH - 135 Technical Algebra 3 ILO 2
- MATH - 140 Technical Trigonometry 3 ILO 2 ⚠
- CIET - 114 Statics 3 ⚠
- CIET - 142 Surveying 3 ⚠
- DRFT - 141 Introduction to Solid Modeling and 3D Cad 3
- HUMN - 110 Critical Thinking and Leadership 3 ILO-4
Semester Total: 15-19; Credits Toward Degree 15
- CIET - 216 Structural Concrete Design 3
- CIET - 245 Highways 3
- MATH - 155 Technical Calculus 3 ILO 2
- PHYS - 101 General Physics I 4 ILO 2
- GNET - 124 Occupational Safety and Health 3 OR GNET - 212 Project Management 3 OR AMTE - 281 Industrial Troubleshooting 2
Semester Total: 15-16; Credits Toward Degree 15