Federal Work Study
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a financial aid program that allows a student to work on-campus or with approved off-campus community service employers to earn money to pay for college expenses. FWS is not a grant (you must work to earn it), and it is not a loan (you do not have to repay it). Being awarded FWS with financial aid can help you become eligible for part-time jobs, both on-and off-campus, that you may not have otherwise been eligible for. The FWS program encourages employment in community service and in fields related to your major of study.
A student enrolled at BridgeValley CTC is eligible for employment under the Federal Work-Study Program if such student:
- has been accepted into a degree program at BridgeValley CTC, is enrolled at least as a half-time student and is in good standing as an undergraduate student.
- is a citizen of the United States, or lives in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intends to become a permanent resident thereof, or is a permanent resident of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
- is capable, in the opinion of the institution, of making responsible academic progress in such course of study while employed under this program , and
- has demonstrated a financial need as determined by the U.S. Department of Education.
Work Study Positions
- Administrative Assistant for Business and Legal Studies South Charleston
- Financial Aid Student Assistant-South Charleston
- Financial Aid-Admissions Student Assistant-Montgomery
- IT Work Study Technician Montgomery
- Media/AV Student Assistant South Charleston
- Nursing/Health Work Study Assistant-South Charleston
- Office Assistant for Office of Registrar South Charleston
- Student Assistant for Admissions Office South Charleston
- Student Assistant for Facilities/IT South Charleston
- Student Assistant for Office of Registrar and BLS Montgomery
- Student Assistant for Office of Student Development Montgomery
- Student Assistant for Office of Student Development South Charleston
- Technology Student Assistant South Charleston
- Workforce Student Assistant ATC South Charleston
- Community Service Positions