Skip to main content

Federal Work Study

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a financial aid program that allows a student to work on-campus or with approved off-campus community service employers to earn money to pay for college expenses.  FWS is not a grant (you must work to earn it), and it is not a loan (you do not have to repay it).  Being awarded FWS with financial aid can help you become eligible for part-time jobs, both on-and off-campus, that you may not have otherwise been eligible for. The FWS program encourages employment in community service and in fields related to your major of study. 


A student enrolled at BridgeValley CTC is eligible for employment under the Federal Work-Study Program if such student:

  1. has been accepted into a degree program at BridgeValley CTC, is enrolled at least as a half-time student and is in good standing as an undergraduate student.
  2. is a citizen of the United States, or lives in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intends to become a permanent resident thereof, or is a permanent resident of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
  3. is capable, in the opinion of the institution, of making responsible academic progress in such course of study while employed under this program , and
  4. has demonstrated a financial need as determined by the U.S. Department of Education.


Work Study Positions