You have an idea for a business. Now what?
In collaboration with Faster WV, an entrepreneurship program of Advantage Valley, BridgeValley is offering Kauffman FastTrac®, a flexible course with a solid framework to support founders when starting a business and beginning a journey to success. This immersive course is designed to provide information, tips, exercises, and tools to make business ideas concrete. The modules in this course are Ideate, Position, Commit, Refine, Financing, and Launch.
About Kauffman FastTrac®
Kauffman FastTrac® aims to lower the barriers to entrepreneurship by providing practical learning materials, delivered online and with the help of an experienced facilitator, to entrepreneurs. In doing so, FastTrac® encourages and equips more people to start businesses, contributing to increased startup activity nationwide.
The new FastTrac® offering removes the travel barriers for aspiring entrepreneurs who want to learn at their own pace and online. FastTrac® participants learn how to evaluate their ideas, position their businesses around target customers, refine their companies based on personal and professional goals and ultimately, launch their business. Through an immersive online course, participants have access to planning tips and exercises, including lessons on how to:
- Discover how your business concept matches your personal vision.
- Align your business concept with a real market opportunity.
- Find your target market and discover your competitive advantage.
- Determine the unique features and benefits of your product/service.
- Set realistic financial goals for your business.
- Define your company’s brand and marketing.
- Manage business functions and develop an organizational culture.
- Determine the steps to profitability.
- Identify potential sources of funding for your business.
- Launch your business.
- Learn from experienced, credentialed instructors
- Access one-on-one help to improve your comprehension and learn how to apply your enhanced knowledge
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with classmates and professionals
- Stay on track to earn your credential with a structured learning experience and support
Upcoming class schedule
- Dates & times:
- Session 1: Jan. 7 - Feb. 25, 2021;
- Session 2: Mar. 4 - Apr. 22, 2021
- 5:30 - 8:30pm
Expectations and Attendance:
Students should spend 5-7 hours per week in the online course shell and also be prepared to ask questions of the instructor/guest speakers. Attendance and participation in all classes are required through teleconferencing. There is a vast amount of information to learn and topics will not be repeated.
Virtual through Zoom
Instructor-led by an experienced facilitator
In-person for ASAQP with Zoom connection
Tuition & Materials
$307 (Scholarships may be available, courtesy of Advantage Valley's FASTER WV initiative.)
Materials include business plan template with sample business plans, financial facts worksheet and template, sales projection tools, funding financial templates, presentations by successful entrepreneurs, marketing through social media, and more--everything you need to plan and launch a viable business.
For updated information:
- Join our Kauffman FastTrac Mailing List.
- Download the Kauffman FastTrac flyer
- Call 304.205.6663