Program Description The Associate in Science- Business Concentration is a program that serves a dual purpose. It provides the first two years of general study to students who plan to transfer to a baccalaureate program and work toward a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Business (see transfer information). It provides two years of general studies to individuals who desire a structured, non-technical, degree program to gain employment or to secure a promotion in employment.
- Transfer to a 4 year institution and earn a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Business
- Degree earning students with business concentrations have more opportunities for entrepreneurship, consulting, managing and administration
- Skills from a business concentration include time management and self-motivation, strong communication and numeracy, analytical and critical thinking and problem solving and presentation and reporting
- Eventually, business degrees can earn an MBA
More About the Program
Program Learning Outcomes: Upon graduation students will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking process to a program specific problem.
- Employ a professional level of communication, demonstrating and practicing interpersonal communication skills, ethics and civility.
- Integrate (combine) knowledge gained from educational experience to resolve problems and integrate ideas across disciplines.
- Demonstrate mathematical or scientific competencies appropriate to the discipline.
Articulation agreements to WVSU and Marshall University