General Studies: Science
The Associate in Science degree is a program that serves a dual purpose and it provides the first two years of general study to students who plan to transfer to a baccalaureate program and work toward a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science. It also provides two years of general studies to individuals who desire a structured, non-technical degree program to gain employment or to secure a promotion in employment.
- Transfer to a 4 year institution and earn a bachelor’s degree in a concentration of your own choosing.
- Receive a solid foundation in critical thinking and get one of the most well-rounded, balanced educations possible.
- Ultimately, degree-earning students have higher over-all income, better job satisfaction and advancement opportunities and more freedom in their careers.
More About the Program
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon graduation students will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking process to a program specific problem.
- Employ a professional level of communication, demonstrating and practicing interpersonal communication skills, ethics and civility.
- Integrate (combine) knowledge gained from educational experience to resolve problems and integrate ideas across disciplines.
- Demonstrate mathematical or scientific competencies appropriate to the discipline.