All patients treated by students and faculty in the Department of Dental
Hygiene have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful and confidential treatment.
- Continuity and completion of treatment.
- Access to complete and current information about his/her condition.
- Informed consent including explanation of recommended treatment, treatment alternatives, the option to refuse treatment, the risk of notreatment and expected outcomes of various treatments.
- Treatment that meets the standard of care in the profession.
All patients treated by students and faculty in the Department of Dental Hygiene are expected to:
- Respond honestly and thoroughly to all inquiries regarding oral and general health status.
- Maintain a professional patient, student, and faculty member relationship free of unnecessary or unwelcome physical, verbal or
- electronic contact.
- Follow treatment recommendations to attain and/or maintain optimum oral and general health.
- Keep scheduled appointments so that students’ grades and the patient’s oral health are not jeopardized.