email@example.comThe Phlebotomy Technician program prepares professionals to collect blood specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Students will become familiar with all aspects related to blood collection and develop comprehensive skills to perform venipunctures completely and safely.
High school diploma or TASC completion is required. After successful completion of the classroom portion of the course, students will be scheduled for a 120-hour practicum at a local medical facility. Students should be aware that clinical agencies require students to pass a criminal background check and drug screen and to have documented immunities to specific diseases in order to have learning experiences in their facilities.
The cost includes
- 120 hours of classroom instruction
- 120 hours in three 40-hour weeks of clinical instruction
- National certification exam
- Student uniform
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Required immunizations
- All materials and supplies.
- Classroom: May 26 - August 8
- Monday - Thursday; 3:30 - 7:30 pm
- Clinical: Shift times vary M-F 40 hrs/week for 3 weeks
- Review and Testing: August 3 - 8
- Jan Hensley
This class is approved for 4 hours of college credit. (A posting fee of $35 per credit course applies) Financial aid available for those who qualify.