Each of BridgeValley's three courses are applicable toward the 180-hour educational requirement set by the West Virginia Real Estate Commission for real estate broker licensure purposes.
Students may only be enrolled if they present satisfactory evidence they hold a valid real estate salesperson license and that they have successfully completed a two-year apprenticeship with a WV real estate broker who is in goo standing with the WV Real Estate Commission. Students must have also satisfactorily completed or successfully tested out of a Student Orientation to Online Learning (SOOL) at BridgeValley.
Module 1: Broker Operation Management
The Broker Operation Management course is a 30 clock-hour (or one credit hour) course. Successful completers will be able to conduct market research; develop, organize, analyze, and implement plans for the establishment of a real estate brokerage firm in West Virginia.
The course is self-paced and is comprised of ten units of study.. Students are welcome to work ahead as much as possible. The class is designed to open up content based upon completion of prior unit. BridgeValley provides documentation to the WV Real Estate Commission that real estate broker students have successfully completed the course with a score of 70% or higher and that students have spent at least 30 contact hours within the course shell.
Module 2: Human Resource Management and Interpersonal Skills for Real Estate Brokers
The Human Resource Management and Interpersonal Skills for Real Estate Brokers is a 25 clock-hour course that prepares students to effectively supervise employees of a real estate brokerage firm. The course is comprised of 18 units through which students will create a comprehensive staffing profile that complies with federal and state legislation, documents the employment process, details compensation consideration, and contains plans for employee orientation and training for a real estate brokerage firm.
Module 3: WV Specific Real Estate for Brokers
WV Specific Real Estate for Brokers is a 35 clock-hour (or one credit-hour) course and is comprised of eleven units. The course is self-paced; students are welcome to work ahead as much as possible. The class is designed to open up content based upon successful completion of the prior unit.
Successful completers of WV Specific Real Estate for Brokers will be able to
- interpret laws and legislative rules governing the operation of a real estate company in the state of West Virginia;
- apply legal requirements related to trust fund account management, agency, contract transactions, federal, state, and local regulations, and ethical standards to reduce the risks associated with the operating a business described above;
- identify concepts important to real estate such as property management, commercial real estate, and new construction; and,
- discuss how recent updates and changes in economic and financial environments, mortgage industries, and appraisal industries effect the practice of real estate in West Virginia.
Schedule of upcoming classes:
- Students may enroll at any time during the semester but must be able to complete the module by the end of the semester.
- $307 per module
Need more information?
- Download PDF
- Call: 304.205.6650