Sonography is a dynamic profession that has grown significantly over the past 20 years. With rapidly developing new technologies and increased use of diagnostic ultrasound procedures, growth is projected to continue in the future with employment opportunities for qualified sonographers in both rural and urban areas nationwide.
|Quick Facts: Sonographers and Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians, Including Vascular Technologists|
|2018 Median Pay||$67,080 per year ; $32.25 per hour|
|Typical Entry-Level Education||Associate's Degree|
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation||None|
|Number of Jobs, 2018||130,700|
|Job Outlook, 2018-28||14% (Much faster than average)|
|Employment Change, 2018-28||18,000|
Sonographers play a key role in the healthcare team. They are highly skilled professionals that provide diagnostic techniques under the supervision of a licensed physician. BridgeValley will offer the following learning specialties in sonography:
- General: Abdomen, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Small Parts
- Vascular Technology
How to Apply
- Apply for Admission to BridgeValley
- Have any official high school and/or college transcripts sent to BridgeValley.
- Choose Pre-Sonography as your designated curriculum
- Complete required pre-requisite courses
- Take the TEAS examination and submit results with program application minimum score of 50: http://www.bridgevalley.edu/teas-testing
- Shadow a sonographer and have the sonographer sign the shadowing form to verify your experience DMS Shadowing Form
- Write a paper detailing why you are choosing sonography as a career
- Complete the Sonography 2020 Application and submit supporting documents by February 27, 2020 NOTE: The 2020 Sonography application will be posted by December 2019.
BridgeValley Sonography Fall 2020 Admission Timeline
|Applications accepted for 2020 admission:||
January 21, 2020-February 27, 2020
|Notification of interviews or non-acceptance for those not qualified for interview sent by:||March 5, 2020|
|Interviews:||March 25, 2020|
|Acceptance and non-acceptance letters for Sonography program admission Fall 2020 sent by:||April 2, 2020|
|Students must accept or decline (may be provisional) acceptance to the program by:||April 9, 2020|
*Admission in the Sonography Program is not guaranteed. The highest ranked students that meet the qualification deadlines will be provisionally admitted first.
The BridgeValley Sonography Program is accredited by the Commission on
Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography for General Sonography (Abdomen, Small Parts, Obstetrics, & Gynecology) and Vascular Technology.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)25400 US Hwy 19 N., Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763 727-210-2350 www.caahep.org
- JRCDMS 6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500 Ellicott City, MD 21043 Phone: 443-973-3251 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonography Program goals include but are not limited to the following:
- To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
- To prepare competent entry-level vascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
- To prepare competent entry-level cardiac technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
- Program Outcomes 2017
- Program Outcomes 2018
BridgeValley Diagnostic Medical Sonography is delivered on the South Charleston campus.
BridgeValley Cardiac Sonography is delivered on the Montgomery campus.
Kim Shamblin, MPH, RDMS, RVT, RDCS, RT(R)(CT),CHC
Sonography Department Chair
BridgeValley Sonography is delivered on the South Charleston campus.