Utility Line Service Training Program
Utility Line Service Maintenance program is for applicants who have a strong work ethic and good communication skills. This program combines academic instruction and hands-on experience on the technology fueling today’s utility industries. Skills upon program completion include Pole Climbing with fall protection, pole-top rescue, aerial lift rescue, operation of a material handler bucket truck, operation of a digger derrick, rigging, chain saw safety, rope knots and slings, CDL Class A Pintle Hook, OSHA 30, First Aid and CPR, Heavy Equipment (Skid Steer, Backhoe, Mini Excavator), and single and three-phase transformers.
The Utility Line Service Maintenance Training Program is designed to provide students with apprenticeship opportunities with BridgeValley’s energy partners. Successful students may be placed into On the Job Training (OJT) opportunities for 16 weeks with partner companies, such as our wide range of business partners. This On-the-Job Training opportunity will occur during the D-200 and D-300 online classes.
- Safety Equipment and Practices
- Electric Distribution Fundamentals
- Emergency Response
- Electrical Equipment Installation
- Troubleshooting Electrical Circuits
- Pole Climbing
- Monday through Thursday; 8am-6pm
- Huntington*: beginning in August 15, 2022
- Montgomery†: beginning in January 2023
*4 Days in South Charleston; 2 Days in Montgomery
†4 Days in South Charleston
- Successfully complete a pre-assessment to gauge physical agility and fear of heights,
- Pass a drug screening,
- Possess Class A CDL Learner’s Permit,
- Complete a Department of Transportation Physical,
- Have a valid unrestricted driver’s license for a minimum of two years, and
- Be eligible to obtain a Class A CDL license.
In West Virginia, Electric Power-Line Installers and Repairers have a median income of $65,500 (pay ranges from $39,600 to $78,200). Telecommunication Line Installers and Repairers have a median income of $64,900 (pay ranges from $26,200 to $78,400).
(Note: The median salary data is supplied by Economic Modeling Specialists International, compiled from 90+ data sources; updated quarterly to ensure the most precise regional figures. Median salary figures represent all career postings in BridgeValley service region.)
Financial Aid may be available for those who qualify
Click here and follow these required step-by-step instructions to enroll
For more information on any of our classes or programs please contact: