- Current Photo ID required.
- Food, beverages & weapons not permitted in the Testing Room.
- Electronic devices & personal items should be left outside of the Testing Room.
- Only the exam candidate is allowed in the Testing Center.
- No unsupervised children. Childcare not provided.
- Examinees may not remove notes from the Testing Center.
- No outside calculators allowed. Onscreen calculator appears when permitted.
- No talking permitted during testing.
- Acts of dishonesty reported.
Accuplacer Exam Scheduling
For your convenience, testing candidates can now register for all exams online through RegisterBlast®. RegisterBlast® is a quick, easy and confidential way for all testing candidates to register and confirm an appointment to complete testing. All test candidates must complete the online registration through RegisterBlast to schedule a test date.
Schedule Your Accuplacer Exam
- Read the following instructions, then click on the link below (#9) to schedule.
- Select your test from the group.
- Choose your exam.
- Select an exam date and time.
- Enter your personal information.
- Submit payment for any necessary fees. (Note: Testing fees vary based upon exam type)
- Click the Add to Cart button and complete the scheduling process.
- You will receive an email confirmation, and a reminder email 24 hours prior to your scheduled exam date.
- CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE THE ACCUPLACER - simply click on the drop down menus to schedule the location site, date, and time for your test.
What's Inside the Next Generation Accuplacer?
Our next-generation ACCUPLACER placement tests are now available with redesigned reading, writing, and math content. Next-generation ACCUPLACER placement tests more effectively help institutions place students in classes that match their skill level, and include texts and tasks encountered in first-year college courses. The new tests:
- Align to the same content domain continuum as the SAT Suite of Assessments
- Help institutions improve course placement accuracy
- Reflect the changing landscape of higher education with math sequences aligned to clear pathways
Next-Generation Reading assesses the test-taker’s ability to derive meaning from a range of texts and to determine the meaning of words and phrases in short and extended contexts. Passages on the test cover a range of content areas, writing modes, and complexities. Both single and paired passages are included. Four broad knowledge and skills categories are assessed:
- Information and Ideas
Next-Generation Writing evaluates a test-taker’s ability to revise and edit multiparagraph text. Questions cover two broad knowledge and skills categories, each containing three subcategories:
Expression of Ideas
- Effective Language Use
Standard English Conventions
- Sentence Structure
Next-Generation Arithmetic focuses on computation, order of operations, estimation and rounding, comparing and ordering values in different formats, and recognizing equivalent values across formats. The following knowledge and skills categories are assessed:
- Whole Number Operations
- Fraction Operations
- Decimal Operations
- Number Comparisons and Equivalents
Next-Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QAS) assesses the following knowledge and skills:
- Rational numbers
- Ratio and Proportional Relationships
- Algebraic Expressions
- Linear Equations
- Linear Applications and Graphs
- Probability Sets
- Descriptive Statistics
- Geometry Concepts
ACCUPLACER Resources: Practice and Preparing for Test Day
The Next-Gen ACCUPLACER web-based study app features practice tests in each test subject. It is accessible from most devices with internet access, and will help you become familiar with the content and format of the Next-Gen ACCUPLACER test questions.
“Learn as you go” tests provides you with an explanation of the correct or incorrect responses. Sample tests are similar to the real thing, so you’ll know ahead of time what your experience will be like on test day. You can save your work at any time, and come back when it’s convenient for you. You can review your score history to see what you’re already doing well and what skills you should focus on improving. Please note that BridgeValley requires only the following sections of the Next-Generation Accuplacer: Arithmetic; Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics (QAS); Reading and Writing.
- Next-Gen Sample Arithmetic Questions
- Next-Gen Sample Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistic Questions
- Next-Gen Sample Reading Questions
- Next-Gen Sample Writing Questions
- Free ACCUPLACER Study App
- Placement Test Chart (effective Feb. 2019)
All scheduling for Accuplacer retesting is done using RegisterBlast®. Select the test(s) you need to retake. You must allow 7 days after the original exam to retest. There is a $5.00 per restest section (Arithmetic; Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistic Questions; Reading; and Writing) that must be paid prior to retesting. Fees are payable in the BridgeValley Cashier’s Office when you come to Campus. Click here to reschedule for Accuplacer retesting