If you plan to attend BridgeValley anytime between July 1, 2017 & June 30, 2018, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15th.
The BridgeValley Financial Aid Office is hosting FREE FAFSA workshops for our students and families! We will be available to help with creating FSA IDs, completing the application, and answering any financial aid questions in general.
South Charleston Campus Workshops – Building 2000
- Friday, March 3rd-9am-12 Noon – Room 004
- Tuesday, March 7th-2pm-4pm – Room 141
- Wednesday, March 22nd-3pm-5pm – Room 139
- Monday, March 27th-11am-1pm – Room 321
- Friday, March 31st-9am-12 Noon – Room 004
- Tuesday, April 4th-1pm-3pm – Room 141
- Thursday, April 6th-3pm-5pm – Room 004
- Monday, April 10th-11am-1pm – Room 321
- Wednesday, April 12th-3pm-5pm - Room 139
- Friday, April 14th-9am-3pm - Room 004
Montgomery Campus Workshops – Davis Hall
- Thursday March 16th, 2pm-4pm – Room 403
- Monday, March 27th, 1pm-3pm – Room 506
- Wednesday, April 5th, 9am-11am – Room 506
- Thursday, April 13th, 12pm-2pm – Room 403
Preregister for a FAFSA Workshop at email@example.com. Include your full name, B Number (if applicable), and the workshop you plan to attend.
How Financial Aid Works at BridgeValley Community and Technical College
Our site is an effort to communicate valuable information to assist individuals in securing the most beneficial financial aid package each may be eligible to receive. The most successful applicants start early by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon after January 1, as possible. Applicants should begin searching and applying for scholarship aid at least one year prior to entering BridgeValley Community and Technical College.
All financial aid is awarded for one year at a time. Applicants must reapply for aid each year by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must have the BridgeValley school code of 040386 on their FAFSA for us to be able to process aid. Students and parents (for dependent students) will need to create an FSA ID to fully complete their FAFSA as well as access other U.S. Department of Education websites.
The recommended completion date for the FAFSA is March 1st. Tax information is needed when completing the application; however, if taxes are not filed by March 1st you may estimate income information. Any estimated information should be corrected on your FAFSA once your taxes are filed for the year.
Full time enrollment is not necessary to receive aid but, students should generally be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours.
All notices of deadlines are posted on our web page. Notifications regarding required documentation are sent via the college assigned email address provided by BridgeValley. Notifications will not be mailed. New students will be initially contacted through the email address supplied on the FAFSA until a campus email address has been assigned. Spam filters should allow email from BridgeValley CTC.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Be fully admitted to BridgeValley
- Enrolled in an aid eligible degree program
- Making Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the College
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or eligible non-citizen
- If male between the ages of 18 and 25, must be registered with the Selective Service
- Not in default on a Federal Student loan or owe an overpayment of a Federal Student Aid grant
- Resolved any drug conviction issue(s)
For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at your local campus.
619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery, WV 25136
Davis Hall, Room 103
South Charleston Campus
2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303
Building 2000, Room 012
Follow the Financial Aid Office for helpful tips, scholarship opportunities, and deadline information!!!