Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:00am
The 2nd Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Volunteer Fair will be held in the Main Foyer from 10 am to 2 pm.
Representatives from the following area agencies will be on campus to share information about volunteer opportunities with their respective organizations.
- Angels Inspired, Inc.
- Camp Virgil Tate
- Covenant House
- D.R.E.A.M.S. Community Development Corporation
- Foster Adventure
- Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putman
- Morris Creek Watershed Association
- Step by Step, Incorporated
- Union Mission Ministries
- UKV Starting Points Family Resource Center & Parents as Teachers Organization
- WV Alliance for Sustainable Families promoting the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- WV Citizen Action Group
Many of the groups will also provide attendees the chance to earn community service hours at the event. This event is sponsored by the Office of Student Life and is open to the public.
Some of the service projects are suitable for children, so all ages are welcome!
Want to help with this event? Assistance is needed between 9 am to 3 pm (set up, check in, refreshments, greeting guests, etc.) Volunteers are eligible for community service hours.
To register as a volunteer or for more information about this event, please contact Jeanne Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org