All students wishing to enroll in a W-section course must complete the Student Orientation to Online Learning, or SOOL, course. There is no cost to the students for completing this course; it will be transcribed as credit/no credit. This course is designed to assist students in learning how to navigate an online course, using BridgeValley’s Learning Management System (LMS). In addition to navigation techniques, students will be introduced to BridgeValley’s policies and procedures for online learning. Topics include: tips for online success, online procedures and netiquette, using discussion boards and email, posting assignments, taking quizzes and exams, and proctoring requirements and options. This course will be a prerequisite to enrolling in a web (W) section of a course. For students with prior experience in online courses, a test-out option is available. Students desiring the test-out option should still enroll in the course.
Enrolling in SOOL is simple:
Students must register with their academic advisor for the course. Registration details for the Fall 2018 semester are provided below
Students should be enrolled in
- 1424 SOOL-099-W01 Jan 1 – Jan 17
- 1425 SOOL-099-W01 Jan 17 – May 5
If you consider yourself technically challenged and need additional assistance in getting started, we now offer live sessions of SOOL. These sessions will have two live meetings to help you get started. Check with your advisor to sign up for one of our LIVE sessions.
- 1441 SOOL-099-B01 1:00 - 1:50 Jan 14 – Feb 14 Room 308
- 1442 SOOL-099-B02 10:00 – 10:50 Jan 14 – Feb 14 Room 308
- 1443 SOOL-099-B03 13:00 – 13:50 Feb 18 – Mar 28 Room 308
- 1444 SOOL-099-B01 1:00 - 1:50 Feb 18 – Mar 28 Room 308
- 1445 SOOL-099-B02 10:00 – 10:50 April 1 – May 2 Room 308
- 1446 SOOL-099-B03 13:00 – 13:50 April 1 – May 2 Room 308
Questions about the SOOL course should be directed to:
- Dr. Sherri Ritter, Director of Digital Learning
- (304) 205.6668