The Student Government Association (SGA) serves as the voice of the student body. Its members are responsible for representing student’s interests and addressing student’s needs with the campus leadership. The SGA is also responsible for planning, promoting, and executing student activities in an effort to stimulate student engagement and a feeling of unity among the students, faculty and staff of the college. Members of the SGA learn leadership, organizational and communication skills as they represent the student body in campus, college and state meetings.
The BridgeValley Student Government Association Constitution was adopted March 2014.
2017-2018 SGA EXECUTIVE BOARD
- President: Julia McConnell - email@example.com
- Vice-President/Montgomery Campus: Hunter Hughes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President/South Charleston Campus: Elizabeth Megan Egnor - email@example.com
- Recording Secretary: David Trinidad - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Lauren McClanahan - email@example.com
2017 - 2018 SGA SENATORS
- Montgomery Campus: Matthew Peaslee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Montgomery Campus: VACANT
- Montgomery Campus: VACANT
- South Charleston Campus: Ethan Bashark - email@example.com
- South Charleston Campus: Robert Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Charleston Campus: Howard Hill - email@example.com
- At-large: Natosha Gillespie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- At-large: Archie Hubbard - email@example.com
The SGA Leadership Team consists of the SGA Cabinet and a representative from each campus-recognized organization. Meetings are held from 12:15 pm to 12:50 pm and are open to all students, faculty and staff.
MEETING SCHEDULE SPRING 2018
- Janaury 25 - 006 B2000 & 307 Davis Hall
- February 8 - 006 B2000 & 305 Davis Hall
- February 22 - 006 B2000 & 307 Davis Hall
- March 8 - 006 B2000 & 305 Davis Hall
- March 22 - 006 B2000 & 305 Davis Hall
- April 12 - 006 B2000 & 305 Davis Hall
- April 26 - 006 B2000 & 307 Davis Hall
FUND REQUEST FOR STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
Each year the SGA receives allocated money from the Division of Student Services. These funds are intended to be used in part to assist recognized student organizations with activities, events, conferences, competitions and special projects. Funds may also be used to buy supplies such as displays boards, tablecloths, etc. Organizations may not request money to cover the costs of a fundraising project or to purchase items that will be given away to individuals outside of their organization.
More details can be found on the 2017-2018 Fund Request Application. The deadline for submission is February 28, 2018.
For more information about the SGA, please contact a cabinet member or an advisor, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 413 Davis Hall
Room 032-J Building 2000