Higher Education Adult Part-Time Student (HEAPS) Workforce Grant Program
The primary source of funding for non-academic credit training is the West Virginia Higher Education for Adult Part-time Student Workforce Development Component Grant (HEAPS WD). This financial aid is a direct payment only to BridgeValley after a student's first day in the selected training. It does not qualify a student for associated living expense loans. Additional information:
- Request through BridgeValley Workforce Division for pre-approved Workforce Division programs
- PELL guidelines used to determine eligibility
- For course cost(s) only – up to $2,000 per fiscal year per eligible applicant.
To be considered for financial aid for a specific program, you are REQUIRED to:
- Submit BridgeValley Workforce Development Financial Aid Application along with the BridgeValleyApplication and Enrollment forms to:
BridgeValley – Workforce Division
2001 Union Carbide Drive (Suite 005)
South Charleston, WV 25303
- Submit a 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov; BridgeValley School Code: 040386 (If your 2014-15 FAFSA is randomly selected by the US Dept. of Education for verification, you must comply with all requests from BridgeValley to complete the verification process before funds can be used for your training. To expedite this process we recommend use of the IRS Data Retrieval tool when completing the FAFSA.)
- Demonstrate financial need (FAFSA used for needs analysis).
- Must be a WV resident at least 12 months prior to date of application.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Not incarcerated in a correctional facility.
- Not in default on a higher education loan.
- Is enrolled or accepted for enrollment in post-secondary certification program, industry recognized credential or other skill development program.
Applications and Program Contact Information:
To request a HEAPS WD Financial Aid Application, send an e-mail to Krista Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org. To request an application by phone, call 304.205.6645