Engineering Technology, Electrical Concentration
The Associate of Applied Science Engineering Technology program provides students with an entry point into the exciting world of engineering technology applications. With a focus on a heuristic approach to technology, this program appeals to students who have an understanding of technical concepts but a desire to work with technology in a more hands-on applied manner than engineering programs. The Engineering Technology program has three concentrations to allow students to tailor their educational path to their specific interests. The concentration areas include Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology.
The Associate of Applied Science in Engineering Technology, Electrical Concentration (AAS-ETEET) prepares graduates for employment in electronics, power generation and distribution, communications, instrumentation, and other fields to meet the demands of local industry. The program provides a broad background in electricity, electronics, communications, industrial control and electrical machinery.
The A.A.S. Engineering Technology, Electrical Concentration program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. Website: http://www.abet.org.
- MATH - 119 Foundations of Algebra 4 ILO 2 ⚠ OR MATH - 130 College Algebra 3 ILO 2 OR MATH - 135 Technical Algebra 3 ILO 2
- ENGL - 101E English Composition Enhanced 3-4 ILO-1★ OR ENGL - 101 English Composition I 3 ILO 1
- HUMN - 105 Ethics and Diversity in the Workplace 3 ILO- 3
- DRFT - 125 Introduction to Drafting and 2D Cad 3
- GNST - 113 College Success E&M Tech 1
- ECET - 111 Circuits I: DC Circuits 3 ⚠
Semester Total: 16-18; Credits Toward Degree 16
- MATH - 125 College Algebra Expanded 4 ILO 2 ⚠ OR MATH - 130 College Algebra 3 ILO 2 OR MATH - 135 Technical Algebra 3 ILO 2
- MATH - 140 Technical Trigonometry 3 ILO 2 ⚠
- ECET - 116 Circuits II: AC Circuits 3 ⚠
- ECET - 120 Analog Devices I 3 ⚠
- DRFT - 141 Introduction to Solid Modeling and 3D Cad 3
- HUMN - 110 Critical Thinking and Leadership 3 ILO-4