Entrepreneurship is the process of identifying a need in the marketplace and starting a business to fulfill that need. Today, entrepreneurship is seen as a vital way to grow the economy. This certificate transitions fully into an A.A.S. Degree in the Management Entrepreneurship Concentration.
Program Objectives and goals
Upon completion of the program, graduates will:
- Have an appropriate mastery of general business terminology, principles, practices and skills.
- Understand the roles of manager, management theory, organizational structure and culture, and develop key managerial skills to be used at any level of management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership fundamentals, effective team building, motivation theories and the strategic decision making process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology and concepts associated with managing asmall business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business plan and gain experience in preparing one.
- Understand the entrepreneurship process from innovation to implementation.