The Cardiac Sonography Program leads to an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree. The program prepares selected individuals through theory, lab, and clinical experience to practice as echocardiographers in a variety of health care settings. The Cardiac Sonography program is a limited enrollment program. Admission into the program is competitive requiring a minimum GPA of 2.75 to apply for admission. The highest ranked students that meet qualification requirements and deadlines will be provisionally admitted first.
- Apply for Admission to BridgeValley
- Have any official high school and/or college transcripts sent to BridgeValley.
- Choose Pre-Sonography as your designated curriculum
- Complete required pre-requisite courses
- Take the TEAS examination and submit results with program application minimum score of 50: http://www.bridgevalley.edu/teas-testing
- Shadow a sonographer and have the sonographer sign the shadowing form to verify your experience DMS Shadowing Form Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to offer shadowing/observation opportunities. This requirement will be waived for the 2022 application.
- View the program requirements here
- Write a paper detailing why you are choosing sonography as a career
- The online sonography application will be available January 17-February 24, 2022 for the Fall 2022 sonography program admissions. NOTE: A sample application is posted for review. Please note all applications are online and paper copies are not accepted. The sample application is posted for informational purposes only. Sample Application
NOTE: The online application for Fall 2022 admissions will be available on this website January 17-February 24, 2022
2022 Sonography Program Application Timeline:
|Applications accepted||January 17, 2022-February 24, 2022|
|Application Review and Scoring. Notification of interviews or non-acceptance for those not qualified for interview mailed by:||March 10, 2022|
|Interviews:||Week of March 28, 2022|
|Scoring of interviewed applicants completed and acceptance and non-acceptance letters for sonography programs admission Fall 2022 mailed/emailed||April 14, 2022|
|Students must accept or decline (may be provisional) acceptance to the program||April 21, 2022|
More About the Program
BridgeValley Cardiac Sonography is delivered on the Montgomery campus
Kim Shamblin, MPH, RDMS, RVT, RDCS, RT(R)(CT)
Sonography Department Chair
The BridgeValley Sonography Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee for Diagnostic Medical Sonography for General Sonography (Abdomen, Small Parts, Obstetrics, & Gynecology) and Vascular Technology.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) 9355-113th St. N #7709; Seminole, FL 33775; 727-210-2350 www.caahep.org
RCDMS 6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500 Ellicott City, MD 21043 Phone: 443-973-3251
E-mail: [email protected]
Sonography Program goals include but are not limited to the following:
- To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
- To prepare competent entry-level vascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
- To prepare competent entry-level cardiac technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains
* PSYC 101/PSYC 201 may be taken after admission into the sonography program however completion is strongly encouraged prior to the DMS program.