Due to COVID-19, both physical library locations (the South Charleston and Montgomery campus) are closed until further notice. Library tutorials are being held via Zoom/Microsoft Teams by appointment only. Any reference to the physical locations’ guidelines below should be disregarded until each location is reopened.
If an instructor wishes to make an appointment for a library tutorial, the following guidelines must be followed:
- To reserve a time, please speak with a librarian by phone (304.205.6697) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This is to ensure the librarian is available
- All requests should be made 48 hours in advance
- All requests are first-come-first-serve
- Last minute requests be granted on a case-by-case basis
- Neither the librarian nor room can be requested on a recurrent basis (i.e. for a class over the course of an entire semester)
- A time and date will be agreed upon and entered into the librarian’s calendar at the point of discussion
- Only one class per day will be permitted to use the library.
- All changes should be addressed within 24 hours of the requested time
- There are 2 ways which the room can be reserved (this information should be included in the request):
- Library will be closed; students not registered in the reserved class will not be permitted to enter the library until the class has finished or the requested time has ended
- Library will be in use; students outside of the class roster will be permitted to use the library on a computer availability basis
- The instructor and class have priority
- The class may use as many computers and carry on the session as necessary
- Reserved times will be posted outside of the library at the beginning of the librarian’s shift on the day of the reservation
- Instructors are not permitted to bring their class to the library without prior consent from the librarian as a courtesy to the people already using the facility
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a librarian, by phone at 304.205.6697 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.