Dual & Early Enrollment
What is Dual & Early Enrollment?
BridgeValley Community & Technical College Dual & Early Enrollment offerings afford access to college credits while simultaneously attending high school or homeschool (early enrollment). A number of college courses may serve to meet high school requirements as well (dual enrollment).
Dual & Early Enrollment students are afforded special advantages and opportunities:
- Save Time: Gain momentum toward a college degree while still in high school (potential to kick-start college credential attainment)
- Save Money: Currently enrolled high school and home school students pay tuition of $25 per credit hour
- Transferability: Classes passed with a grade of C or higher will transfer to most colleges in the United States
- Ease the Transition to College: Get first-hand exposure to college-level work while still in high school
- Get the College Experience: Participate in activities sponsored by the college’s Office of Student Life
Who is eligible?
High School/Homeschool students in WV, at least 16 years of age by the first day of the class start date.
Current Early Enrollment Opportunities open to any high school/homeschool student in West Virginia.
For information regarding Dual and Early Enrollment offerings, please contact:
Kristi Ellenberg, Dean of General Education, Liberal Arts, & Sciences
2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303