Are you unsure what to major in? Are you currently in a major but thinking about exploring other major options?
You have come to the right place! Our Professional Advisors are here to help you figure out which BridgeValley major is right for you.
Close to 70% of college students change their major at least once and approximately 20-50% begin their college experience unsure of their major or career goals. So please know that you are not alone in questioning whether your major is the best fit.
Major exploration is an active process that requires you to engage in self-reflection, ask questions, explore opportunities, and utilize campus resources. Each one of these steps is important to help you select the major that fits you best. Be patient with yourself as you navigate this journey and give yourself time to gather the information you need to make informed decisions.
Please complete the following steps to begin your major exploration journey:
- Complete the World of Work Inventory (WOWI). Contact Career Services Office at [email protected] to complete the assessment.
- Schedule a Major Exploration appointment with a Career Services Specialist to discuss your responses and results. This conversation is also designed to connect you to resources and to create an action plan.
Changing or Declaring Your Major
Please take the steps below if you're interested in changing your major:
- Use the “What-if” MyBVDegree feature in your MyBridge portal to see how completed course work will apply to the majors under consideration, and what requirements remain.
- Read about other majors in the catalog.
- If you've identified a major that you want to pursue, make an appointment with an advisor in the new major by contacting the appropriate division below.
Amy Moore, Executive Secretary to the Dean of General Education
Natalie Sigmon, Executive Assistant: Allied Health
Pam Hunley, Executive Secretary: Technology
Pam. [email protected]
Kelly Grose, Dean Business
(304) 734 - 6636